Today, I have questions for you about nail care and solutions.
Since starting to grow out my nails 2 months ago, I have been so happy with their progress. However, I can now detect a host of various problems with my nails that I can’t seem to find much help for online. I’m really hoping you’ll be able to help me solve some of them!
There are 5 main problems:
1. Some of my nails are very flat; they aren’t developing the curved plate that my other nails are.
2. The tips of many of my nails curve upwards, instead of growing out straight.
3. The coloration on the free edge of my nails are extremely varied.
4. My nails are always flecked with white spots, which makes me think they’re dehydrated.
5. The edge of one of my nails looks like it’s splitting vertically.
Do you think these problems are ones that need special care, or will they sort themselves out as my nails grow more? On Amazon, I found a TON of options for moisturizing nails, but I’m not even sure that additional hydration is what I need. Any advice?
As far as potential solutions go, right now I’m looking at 3 main categories:
Oils: Jojoba Oil, Essie Apricot cuticle oil, Gelish cuticle oil, Cuccio cuticle oil, Sally Hansen VitaSurge cuticle gel.
Cuticle Butters: Cuccio cuticle butter stick, Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream.
Nail Polish Treatments: Essie grow stronger base coat, Skin Food nail vita base coat, Nailtiques Formula 1 protein polish, Nailtiques Formula 2 protein polish, Sally Hansen VitaSurge strength gel.
Have you tried any of these? Which do you recommend for me?