My 7 Facts
1. I love traveling. My favorite place I’ve been has been Florence, Italy, although I’ve also loved Ghent, Maine, Montana, Budapest, Wales…there aren’t many places I’ve been that I haven’t at least liked.
2. I speak fluent French. I’ve been learning French for a long time, and I absolutely love speaking it. I don’t get very many opportunities to use it in my everyday life, which makes me sad.
3. I am a huge Anglophile, and I drink a LOT of tea. My tea of choice is black tea with milk.
4. I love new information. I’m that person who’ll read all of the plaques in museums and therefore take hours to go through an exhibit, who wants to know how everything works, who’ll immediately look up any word I don’t know, and who loves memorizing pieces of trivia.
5. Reading has always been my greatest love. The first book I remember reading is The Secret Garden, and most recently I reread Lady Knight from the Protector of the Small quartet. Counted among my favorite books are the Harry Potter series, anything by Tamora Pierce, and Hamlet.
6. I love the idea of wearing bold eyeshadow, but can never actually seem to pull it off. And despite having recently bought lots of pretty blues, greens, and purples, I always reach for roses, taupes, and bronzes because they’re what I’m most comfortable in.
7. I love Disney music and can sing most of the songs from any Disney movie. On that note, I also love musicals. My current favorite Disney movies are Tangled, Frozen, Lady and the Tramp, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Incredibles, Mulan, Hercules…. Did I mention that I’m indecisive?
My 15 nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award
1. Nicole from Nicole Van Der Heide. I like all of her writing, but I especially love reading her monthly favorites posts.
2. Beeju from Beeju Boxes. I love reading this blog to find out about the latest in Korean & Japanese subscription boxes (and more!).
4. Rachel from This Teacher Wears Makeup. I look to her for work-appropriate but fun makeup looks. And I love how the classroom is injected into all of her reviews!
5. Rebs from Beauty on a Beer Budget. Despite not actually liking beer, I love her reviews!
6. Katie from KateKiwii. Katie has some great writing, and I love the graphics on her website!
7. Michelle of Lab Muffin. I am a big fan of Michelle’s scientific explanations and comparisons.
8. Cait from Polish Hound. I think Cait’s mailbox posts are so much fun!
9. Katie & Alli from The Daily Varnish. I love that this blog is run by two friends, because it means that us readers get opinions and swatches of a greater range of polishes!
10. Lauren from Little Blushing Birdie. I love the organization of Lauren’s blog, and of course I like her product reviews!
11. Sophia from Carousel Coral. I really like her photos and reviews!
12. Jen from A Beauty Junkie in London. I only recently starting following Jen on Bloglovin’, but in that short period of time I’ve come to love her reviews and opinions.
13. Kiersten from Ramblings of a Subscription Addict. Kiersten’s blog is where I turn to learn about a new subscription box, because she’ll probably have an opinion on it.
14. Iqra from The Blushing Giraffe. I really like the range of products that she reviews, beauty and otherwise!
15. Stephanie from Stephanie Jade Wong. I love her writing, and how she intersperses a range of product reviews with lifestyle posts.
Whew, 15 people is a lot! But I really enjoyed going through all of the blogs I follow and picking out some lovely ones that bring random spots of joy to my day.