Most days, I’m too rushed in the morning to do anything special with my makeup. I’m so focused on getting out the door and to class on time that I don’t have the presence of mind to deviate from the routine I’ve fallen into. I didn’t really devote any time to developing this in a scientific manner; it just sort of fell into place around the products I’ve been using the most in the past few months. Without further ado, here is that very simple routine (ignore the huge number of products in this photo; all will be explained!).
1. Eyes. I start with eye primer. Currently I’m using Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then I put on whatever eyeshadow I’m wearing that day. If I’m hurrying I’ll just brush one color onto my lid, and if I have more time I’ll add a crease and/or interior shade. Some of my go-to eyeshadows are at the end of this post. I don’t have the patience for eyeliner and I don’t wear mascara frequently, but I do wet a lash wand and run it through my lashes to remove any stray eyeshadow and shape them.
2. Base. This is another step I only do if I have time, which I usually don’t. I don’t ever wear heavy coverage foundation, but if I have an important event that day I will use my Rimmel Stay Matte Primer or Rimmel BB Cream. I apply these with a triangular sponge applicator. This may sound crazy to some of you, but I don’t actually have a concealer that I love, and so I usually just skip using one.
3. Cheeks. If I’m feeling it, I’ll contour with the bronzer from my e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia. Then I’ll add blush to my cheeks, either Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Poetic or e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral.
4. Lips. While I wish I could pull off an everyday bold lip, if I did that I’d get stares in all my classes! So instead I use a lip balm like Pixi by Petra’s in Honey Nectar or go with a neutral lipstick. My two go-to lipsticks recently have been Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9 Copper Pink and Yves Rocher Moisturizing Cream Lipstick in Rose Damas.
5. Perfume. A lot of the time I forget this, but I’ve been doing that less ever since I started keeping my perfumes out in the open. I end up reaching for the biggest rollerballs most often because they’re the ones that are easiest to grab. This means that I usually wear either Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill or Tocca Florence.
The photo at the beginning of this post showed all of the products I mentioned, but this is a much more typical example of what I will use for my makeup in a single morning:
Here’s a glimpse into my makeup storage, with all of the products I use in the mornings out in the open so I remember them:
And now, as promised, the eyeshadows I use for my one- or two-eyeshadow looks!
Is there anything I mentioned that you would particularly like a review of or look using?
This is part three of a three-part series on my daily routines.
Part One: My Evening Skincare Routine
Part Two: My Morning Skincare Routine
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13181313/?claim=p4kf9v9wk38″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>